JAC is a licensed graduate social worker (LGSW) in the state of Minnesota, License #25558. He works with people locally from his private practice is located within Cabot Psychological Services in Minneapolis, MN. In his role as a therapist he serves with LGBTQPIA teens and young adults ages 13-30 who wish to process their identities, lives and relationships and address emotional struggles related to depression, bipolar moods, anxiety, surviving trauma, self-harm and suicidality, dissociation, and negotiating disability and chronic pain. He specializes in serving the trans community, supporting people processing their gender identity, gender expression, and sexuality.
JAC’s practice is centered on compassion, transparency, and intersectionality; empowering the individual and validating the impact of social oppression including racism, sexism, cisgenderism, heterosexism, ableism, ageism, sizeism, classism, ethnocentrism, religious imperialism, colonization, and medical gatekeeping. He’s committed to servant leadership and has a strong passion for building spaces where the LGBTQPIA community can come together. He believes that one of the greatest sources of strength trans and queer people have is to be together, showing up for each other in ways no one else can. Whatever a person’s reasons for wanting or needing support, JAC strives to foster a comforting safer space where they feel validated and heard.
Services that JAC provides include:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Assistance in obtaining trans-related medical care such as hormones and surgeries.
- Working with other providers to address obstacles in trans-related healthcare.
- Support changing legal name and gender markers, updating legal documents.
- Help obtaining healthcare, housing, employment, and public assistance, and addressing discrimination related to these.
- Support for survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking, including help exiting abusive and/or unsafe relationships / living situations.
- Educational sessions for parents and families of trans people seeking to better understand and support their loved ones.
- Collaborating with schools, teachers, and guidance counselors of trans youth.
- Support for trans youth in foster care and adoption, including youth shelter staff, Guardian Ad Litem, and foster and adoptive families.
For appointment inquiries, please contact JAC through
Cabot Psychological Services’ scheduling page.